Most tenants want to maximize their Security Deposit refund when they move out of a property. Here is a general guide as to what you can do.
1) Give a proper 30 Day Notice, in writing. You will be responsible for a full 30 days rent after your notice is received by our office.
2) Stay current with your rent. Your Security Deposit is not your last month’s rent. You still need to pay your rent for your last month at the property.
3) After you move out, you need to return the keys, garage remotes, etc. to our office. You are responsible for rent until they are returned. Don’t just leave the keys on the counter at the property on your last day. We need to know that you have vacated.
4) Supply us with your mail forwarding address.
5) Leave the property in good condition. We will not charge you for reasonable wear and tear, but for anything beyond that, there will be a charge. The most common charges are for cleaning and hauling. Don’t just leave behind what you don’t want to keep. Clean the property. If you clean the carpets use a professional or, if you do it yourself, follow the carpet cleaning unit instructions carefully. Don’t use too much cleaning liquid, and be sure to rinse it all out.
If you are a current tenant of ours, and you have any further questions, please call our office at (815) 263-6326 or email at info@turcoPropertyManagement.com.